Thursday, August 6, 2015

2955 Glasgow Street, Victoria, BC

I might be the only who finds this interesting, but yesterday I was walking along and happened to pass by this house.

Not actually abandoned, but in the process of being demolished is close enough
Conveniently, it backed onto a parking lot, so I was able to get that view as well.


Today I walked by again, and... gone. Just a pile of wood/rubble. What are the odds that I would happen to walk by for the first time on the day before it was demolished?

A Centre for Jewish Life and Learning will soon be taking its place. And as much as I hate old buildings being demolished, I can acknowledge and accept that not every building is special/worth saving. This one was built in 1949, so it wasn't even that old. Here it is in April 2014, courtesy of Google Maps.



Nothing wrong with it, but nothing that makes it stand out either. Still, it was somebody's home--multiple people's, I'm sure--and I feel like that's enough to make it worthy of commemoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment